June 27, 2011

If You Lived Here You'd be Home

So much to write about...so little time. I have real posts (as in, actual thought out posts with words!) that I'm working on, but until I get a chance to proof and make sense out of them, I will leave you with this. This is where I live (plus or minus a few miles in each direction). I honestly cannot get over the beauty that surrounds me, and all the recreation right in my backyard. THIS is why I moved to Utah. Well, that and oh...Center for Change. But wanting to redefine myself and experience the recreation was a huge part in my decision. However, I've lived here for close to three years now and have yet to actually take advantage of it. I'm determined to make this year different and really take it all in. I want to hike everything I can hike...explore everything I can explore. So here's what I've come across so far this summer (Disclaimer - These were taken with my phone, so not exactly the best quality)...




Salt Lake City Library - This is my new FAVORITE place, and where I expect to be spending a lot of time! Coffee shops on the bottom...four floors of books that I can check out for FREE...a rooftop garden overlooking the mountains...cool architecture...seating by a wall of windows. I am seriously in love. I've found my new happy place :)



Park City Silly Sunday




Bridal Veil Falls




Jordan River Parkway




Hike to the 'Living Room' with the hiking group I joined. That's me in the black on the left (Can I just tell you all how much of a debate it was to actually post a picture with myself in it!)




Sugarhouse Park




The patio between Whole Foods and Barnes & Noble...a couple of my favorite places!





2 comments:

  1. Gal- You should give me a call and wee coud go at these fun adventures together (except hiking. I don't hike). And yes- Park City is AMAZING! As is the downtown library! Hope you are doing well. We simply must do coffee soon!

    XOXO,
    ME

    ReplyDelete